An RV is a good investment, especially if you’re the type who enjoys traveling and doing road trips. As an RV owner, I make sure to offer it with the protection it needs so it can last for a longer time. One of the most important stuff we can give our RV is an RV cover.
With the best RV cover, you can preserve the quality of your vehicle, even if it remains inside your garage. Now, covers for the RV are made using different materials, so it only makes sense to choose the right one for you.
In this article, we’re going to talk about high-quality covers on the market and decide whether they’re good for you or not.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best RV Cover Reviews 2019
- 1. Classic Accessories OverDrive PermaPRO Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover
- 2. ADCO Designer Series SFS Aqua Shed Travel Trailer Cover
- 3. Camco Ultraguard Class C Travel Trailer Cover
- 4. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 3 Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover
- 5. iiSPORT Travel Trailer Cover
- 6. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 3 Deluxe Class C RV Cover
- 7. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 1 Travel Trailer RV Cover
- 8. Leader Accessories Travel Trailer RV Cover
- 9. ADCO Designer Series DuPont Tyvek Class C Motorhome Cover
- 10. ADCO 34858 Designer Series DuPont Tyvek Fifth Wheel Trailer Cover
- What to Look for When Buying an RV Cover
- Other Important Factors to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
10 Best RV Cover Reviews 2019
1. Classic Accessories OverDrive PermaPRO Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover
First on the list is the PermaPRO cover from Classic Accessories. As one of the well-known brands on the market when it comes to RV covers, there’s no wonder why I included the PermaPRO on this list.
Based on my experience, it’s one of the most reliable waterproof RV covers out there. It allowed me to keep snow at bay, which is why I recommend it if you’re into RV-ing during the winter seasons. In fact, this is a lot better than other covers that only protect your vehicle from rain and can be possibly be considered the best RV cover for snow as well.
With the PermaPro, I was able to provide my vehicle with maximum protection possible from various types of damage including rain, snow, UV rays, and dirt. I also like the fact that the cover uses rip-stop fabric which I think is a lot stronger compared to other RV cover materials. The cover is also 57% lighter compared to the other covers in the market today.
One of the things I like about this cover is that it comes with adjustable front and back panels. These panels allow you to access your vehicle from both sides without any problem. It even has air vents which help reduce moisture inside the RV. There’s also the fact that it’s very easy to roll up and store it after using. The main reason for this is the expandable storage bag which is included in the package.
Lastly, it’s really easy to clean and maintain simply because of its rip-stop fabric which dries up quickly and has the ability to repel water. Overall, if you’re looking for a cover for your recreational vehicle which has the ability to protect it from weather or damage, then you should consider getting this one.
2. ADCO Designer Series SFS Aqua Shed Travel Trailer Cover
ADCO is yet another well-known brand when it comes to RV covers, and the number of ADCO RV cover reviews you can find online can attest to that. The Aqua Shed is one of the popular ADCO RV covers you can find in the market, and it’s all for a number of good reasons.
First, the cover is designed for use in high moisture climate, thanks to its water-repellent properties. With this, I was able to protect my RV from damage brought on by UV rays. Additionally, it only weighs 25 pounds which is a lot lighter compared to the other RV covers out there.
What I like about the Aqua Shed is that it comes with vents which help reduce moisture on the inside and reduce wind lofting as well. It’s really easy to install considering that it’s really light. It also comes with an expandable zippered storage bag so you can store it with ease. As one of the popular ADCO covers for travel trailers, it’s really durable and can last you for a longer time.
Another amazing feature of the Aqua Shed is its slip-seam strapping system which lets the cover cling at the bottom and top portion, leading to a snug fit. This snug fit can greatly contribute to preventing damage caused by strong winds. The cover’s polypropylene material is water-resistant and breathable, making it ideal for use in places with a heavy rainfall pattern.
One of the benefits of using this cover based on my experience is that it prevents your vehicle from aging prematurely, allowing it to maintain its resale value. It helps maintain the cleanliness of your RV’s roof. Also, the fact that you don’t need to wash and apply treatments on it all of the time makes it a really solid choice for an RV cover.
3. Camco Ultraguard Class C Travel Trailer Cover
If you suffer from cold climates while out traveling on your RV, you might want to consider this cover. So far, I found it to be a really good choice and is no doubt one of the best RV roof covers you can find on the market.
First off, it’s specifically designed for snowy regions. By putting this on my vehicle, I was able to enjoy maximum resistance to snow and rainfall. Additionally, it comes with an innovative design featuring a triple layer SFS top panel for enhanced water resistance.
The cover is made of a heavy-duty polypropylene fabric to keep it sturdy and durable at all times. It’s also self-adjusting so you can use it easily. This self-adjusting feature allows you to install the cover in just a few minutes. In fact, it only took me less than ten minutes to fully cover my RV from the top to the bottom.
What makes the Camco cover ideal is that once I got my vehicle covered with it, I was no longer bothered by the windy and snowy conditions outside. Needless to say, it allowed me to have a safe and enjoyable camping experience inside my RV regardless of how harsh the weather was.
One of the benefits that I like with this cover is that it has a fully breathable design which helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew inside my RV. This is made even better with its vented flaps which significantly reduce the moisture and wind lofting inside.
4. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 3 Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover
This is yet another quality product from Classic Accessories which I tried without any hesitation. In case you’re wondering, the PolyPRO 3 is a lightweight and water-repellant RV cover that will keep you and your vehicle dry even when it’s raining heavily outside.
In my opinion, I believe this is an excellent choice for an RV cover simply because it easily fits trailers measuring around 27-30 feet long and are 188 inches from the ground to the roof. This, however, doesn’t mean that the size is limited to just that. In fact, there are a variety of sizes available for fitting a variety of trailers.
The PolyPRO 3 uses triple-ply polypropylene to provide protection from snow, rain, dirt, scratches, and more, providing you with an all-around protection for all seasons. I really like its thick and triple-ply top along with the single-ply sides as they’re the ones that help protect your vehicle from various external elements.
Additionally, it plays a major role in protecting your vehicle against UV rays which can lead to fading. Entry to your RV is quick and easy, thanks to its adjustable front and rear panels. Storage is convenient too with its toss bag and a rope attachment system. Amazingly, you can enjoy 3-year warranty on this one.
5. iiSPORT Travel Trailer Cover
This trailer cover from iiSPORT is made using high-quality materials to give you superior protection from external elements like heavy winds, snow, heavy rainfall, scratches, dirt, and more. Like the other best RV cover products on this list, this one comes with built-in vents that help prevent the buildup of mold and mildew which can only cause damage to your vehicle.
Aside from that, this cover has water-repellent properties and a 4-ply top panel with single-ply sides made of polypropylene fabric. Therefore, you can expect it to be more durable than the usual triple-ply top, giving you all-around protection against harsh weather conditions. Also, there’s a free adhesive repair patch included in the package so you can easily repair any damage caused by sharp rocks or stuff.
I like the fact that this cover is very breathable and allows quick and easy access from the front to the back and sides. With this, I no longer have to use a ladder just to get inside my vehicle. It even comes with an amazing air vent system which helps reduce moisture and wind stress.
One good benefit of using this cover is that it allows you to safely park during the night with the help of its reflective panels. This is actually a good plus considering that it can be really dark while camping on an RV at night. Also, storage is quick and easy thanks to its high quality storage bag.
6. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 3 Deluxe Class C RV Cover
In case you’re wondering why I included yet another product from Classic Accessories, it’s simply because they’re all deserving due to their quality and reliability. This Deluxe Class C cover, in particular, is designed to provide you with maximum protection from damage and harsh weather conditions.
The cover is capable of protecting you and your vehicle from scratches, dirt, snow, and heavy rainfall. Aside from that, it also has single-ply PolyPRO sides which are made to offer additional protection while making sure that there’s no bulk. It works perfectly fine during wet climates, not to mention it easily fits on your RV.
It has a built-in air vent system which I really like as it helps reduce moisture inside as well as wind lofting. I’ve also noticed that this cover provides a perfect fit with the help of its adjustable tension panels and elasticized hem corners on the front and back portions.
What I like about this cover is its quick drying feature which is possible with the polypro material. There’s also the fact that you can have a reliable storage and protection for all your camping necessities. Apparently, this cover is made so it can resist dirt, snow, and rain as well as provide protection for all seasons.
7. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 1 Travel Trailer RV Cover
Like I said earlier, Classic Accessories have a number of decent offerings when it comes to RV covers. This cover is the fourth one on this list, and like any other covers from Classic Accessories, you can rely on its durability and reliability when it comes to giving your RV the protection it needs.
This particular cover uses the strong and lightweight PolyPRO 1 fabric which is effective in repelling water without scratching the paint on your vehicle. It provides you and your RV protection from dirt, scratches, and moderate weather conditions. However, compared to the other Classic Accessories products on this list, this one works best when your vehicle is inside your garage.
8. Leader Accessories Travel Trailer RV Cover
This cover from Leader Accessories easily fits trailers measuring around 27 to 30 feet. Needless to say, it’s one of the most ideal options I recommend you, especially if you need to get the best RV cover for winter.
That aside, I find this cover to be made using a thick and durable material which helps protect my recreational vehicle from various elements like rain, dust, and mildew. It also has adjustable zippered panels located in both the back and front sections. This zippered panels allowed me to access the vehicle easily from both sides.
Aside from those, there are also panels on the side sections (something that you can’t normally find on an RV cover). It is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about corrosion and unexpected water entry during heavy rainfall. It’s also designed to protect your vehicle from fading due to UV rays.
I like the fact that it comes with reflective panels which are quite convenient when parking at night. It works perfectly for all types of weather, and it’s very quick and easy to install as well. In case you’re wondering, there are elasticized hem corners to help you achieve a custom fit. Also, the cover is available in a variety of sizes and three different colors to suit your style.
All in all, I can really say this is one of the best waterproof RV covers on the market. It’s durable, lightweight, and even comes with a free storage so you can store it easily.
9. ADCO Designer Series DuPont Tyvek Class C Motorhome Cover
Another product from ADCO, this Tyvek Class C cover is ideal for use in areas such as the Pacific Northwest. It’s an ideal camper meant for mild climates. According to ADCO, the unique structure of this cover offers you protection from acid rain by repelling water better than covers made of polyester, cotton, or a combination of both.
The cover has a breathable fabric which is really good at reducing and even preventing the buildup of mold and mildew. It’s also water-resistant and a bit lighter than the other products on the market. One thing I found is that this cover comes with an excellent strength-to-weight ratio. If you’re wondering how useful that is, it simply means that it excels in holding water during wet climates. It also means that it’s a really good all-climate option.
The cover comes with a triple-layer Tyvek roof panel and tri-ply polypropylene side panels. You can expect it to snugly fit your vehicle while protecting it from wind damage, rain, snow, and dust.
One of the things I like about this is that it has the ability to reflect sunlight. As a result, I was able to enjoy a cooler environment while inside my RV. Installation is fairly easy as well. There’s a weighted buckle toss-under to make installation quick and easy. There are also zippered doors so you can enter your vehicle without any problem.
10. ADCO 34858 Designer Series DuPont Tyvek Fifth Wheel Trailer Cover
The last one on our list is also a quality product from ADCO. It has almost the same specifications as the one above, except for a few ones.
This one comes with a wider variety of size ranges to choose from. It can fit trailers ranging from 23 feet to 43 feet long. This allows you to have more options so you can choose a custom fit for your trailer.
Also, it’s made for a fifth wheel trailer, so the design is a lot different than the previous two ADCO covers. It’s grey side walls are made of durable polypropylene, and it even includes covers for your RV’s tires. As a DuPont Tyvek cover, it gives you protection from harsh weather conditions and even the UV rays from the sun. meanwhile, its polypropylene sides guarantee optimum breathability as well as the ability to reduce and eliminate the growth of mold and mildew.
What to Look for When Buying an RV Cover
With the number of covers available on the market, choosing the right one becomes a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, you can narrow down your choices by considering these factors:
Identifying the different types of RV covers and choosing the one that can cater to your needs is the very first factor to consider before you confirm your purchase. Recreational vehicles are available in different shapes and sizes, which is why you have to pick the right cover type for yours.
I have mentioned the different types of covers above. Each of them differs on the function they offer as well as the material they’re made of. For example, the material used in a tire cover is different than the one used to make a dashboard cover.
To ensure a perfect fit, you need to pick a cover that corresponds to the size of your vehicle. I advise measuring your rig first even before you buy a cover. To get an accurate fit, start by measuring the length, height, and width. Here are the measuring guidelines you have to follow:
- Length: start from one bumper to another
- Height: start from the mid-wheel then measure the height towards the top of the roof
- Width: measure both the front windshield and rear bumper
Keep in mind, however, that most sizes on the market are standard including the tire and windshield covers. As such, it’s not necessary to measure them. However, in the event that your vehicle is a bit larger than the size of a particular cover, it’s advised to pick a cover that’s one size up.
In order to provide your RV with the protection it needs, you need to choose a cover that’s made of a durable and high quality material. Most covers on the market are made of either polypropylene, polyester, solution-dyed acrylic, and polyethylene.
To get a better understanding of each of the materials, here are some short descriptions of each of them:
- Polypropylene – a popular choice of a material, polypropylene is known to be highly resistant to acid damage and cracking. It also has a natural resistance to water, not to mention it’s breathable and prevents the buildup of moisture. The downside is that it’s not completely waterproof on itself, which is why it has to be layered to completely prevent moisture from penetrating.
- Polyester – this material offers excellent protection to the harmful UV rays, making it ideal for use in hot climates. Although it has a certain level of water resistance, an untreated woven polyester is not really effective when it comes to preventing water from soaking through. Therefore, if you use a polyester cover in a wet climate, you have to make sure it has a waterproof coating.
- Solution-dyed acrylic – likewise known as Sunbrella, this material is made using UV-resistant dyes. Therefore, you can really rely on the superior protection it offers against sun damage. It also has a waterproof coating, making it ideal for all-weather use as well.
- Polyethylene – polyethylene or Tyvek is strong and has a really good resistance to wear and tear. It has a nonporous and high-density surface which prevents water from penetrating while remaining fully breathable. This makes it a really good choice during wet and rainy seasons.
Any additional features on an RV cover may add a little cost, although they’re really a worthy investment considering the convenience and extra protection they offer. Some of the extra features you want to consider are the following:
- Air vents – vents are great for providing breathability, thus significantly reducing moisture and preventing the growth of mold and mildew. Also, a properly ventilated cover allows wind to pass through, which in turn will prevent billowing which can cause the fabric to wear out quickly.
- Zippered panels – although they’re not really essential, zippered door panels will allow you to access your vehicle easily even if it’s completely covered. Aside from the extra convenience, they also help you monitor weather conditions with ease.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is an RV cover?
If you’re a first-time RV owner, you might wonder what is an RV cover. An RV cover is a sort of blanket you cover your vehicle to protect it from a number of external elements which can only cause it damage. It offers another level of insurance to your RV in order to prevent physical damage and further damage that might happen in the event of a leak. With a cover on your RV, you can easily mitigate, even completely prevent, damage that could have happened unnoticed during winter or rainy seasons.
Prolonged exposure to outside elements can only cause your RV to become damaged over time. This can normally appear in the form of fading, transforming your good-looking RV into a dull and somehow rusty vehicle. With an RV cover, you can prevent such things from happening.
By choosing the best RV covers, you can protect your vehicle from the following elements:
- Acid rain – acid rain can be quite detrimental to your RV. As it dries, it will leave acids behind which can result in streaks and stains which can be really hard to remove. Also, if those acids are left unattended and exposed to sunlight, they will dry up and cause lasting damage to your vehicle, especially to its paint.
- UV rays – prolonged exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun can cause major damage to your RV. As your vehicle gets exposed to the sun for a long period of time, its paint will start fading. If left unattended, this could lead to cracking and peeling. Not only will it cause your RV to look awful, but it can also compromise the metal and plastic parts underneath due to the lack of a protective layer. As it goes on, your seats, dashboard, and other areas exposed to the sun will become damaged too.
- Dust – with an RV cover, you can keep your recreational vehicle protected from the damaging effects of dust buildup. Aside from the inconvenience brought by having to wash your vehicle on a regular basis due to too much dust, larger particles also have the tendency to damage the finish.
- Wind – although wind in itself can’t cause direct damage to your vehicle (unless it’s strong enough to topple it), the particles that it carries can. Strong winds often bring debris and other objects with it. Without a cover, those objects can likely scratch the exterior of your vehicle.
What are types of RV covers?
RV covers are available in different types, each designed to cater to different needs. To help you pick the right cover, here are the three different types you can choose from:
- Dashboard covers – this type of cover is mainly designed as carpet pieces. As the name implies, they help protect the dashboard of your recreational vehicle from damage and fading due to exposure to sunlight. Since the fading of your dashboard will make your RV look way older than it currently is, getting this type of cover is ideal to preserve its appearance.
As such, I’d recommend buying your dashboard a cover in order to prevent fading. Although it looks like an unnecessary cost, it’s actually worthwhile considering the amount you’ve invested just to make your vehicle look appealing.
- Tire covers – a tire cover prevents the sun’s UV rays from getting into direct contact with your tires. As sun rays can damage the material on your tire due to prolonged exposure, it only makes sense to invest in this type of cover. Although you might think of it as nothing too serious, exposing your sun to direct sunlight can actually be risky when you start driving with sun-baked tires.
By investing in a tire cover, you can relieve yourself of some replacement costs mainly because of a tire damage. This particular type of cover also reduces the risk of bursting tires whenever you drive out after keeping your RV stored in the garage for a long time.
- Windshield covers – this type of cover has two main purposes. One is to protect the dashboard on your recreational vehicle from cracks, while the other is to protect your chair covers from the harmful and damaging effect of UV rays. Also, this type of cover is designed to significantly reduce heat inside your vehicle.
By reducing the heat inside, you can ensure that the temperature remains convenient and bearable.
What are benefits of RV cover?
There a number of pros and cons of RV covers. In this section, I’m going to explain why you should invest in an RV cover. There are a few reasons why, and they are as follows:
- It protects the exteriors of your RV
External elements can really affect the exterior of your recreational vehicle in a bad way. In most cases, they can cause your RV to age pretty quickly. These effects might go unnoticed since they’ll most likely be focused on the roof.
Paint will start fading, and the sun will cause the rubber or vinyl to crack. Also, hailstones and heavy rainfall can scratch the surface of your RV. By getting an RV cover, you can protect your vehicle from these elements. As a result, you’re not only maintaining your RV’s appearance, but you’re also extending the lifespan of the exteriors as well.
- It keeps you convenient while you’re inside
Another benefit of using an RV cover is that it can keep you comfortable and convenient while you’re inside your RV. This is especially true during harsh weather conditions. Since RV covers are designed to repel water and protect the RV from snow and dust, it also means that you can keep yourself protected from those external elements.
- It protects your RV’s interiors
The protection offered by an RV cover isn’t just limited to the outside, it also protects the insides of your RV too! Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause your dashboard and seats to deteriorate quickly. Aside from that, such heat can cause the interior temperature to rise, giving you an uncomfortable stay. By using a cover, you can preserve the condition of the equipment you have inside while also keep yourself cool.
- It keeps moisture at bay
Moisture is actually one of the enemies of your RV, especially when it’s trapped below a tarp. If too much moisture accumulates below the cover with no means of escaping, it can lead to the buildup of mold and mildew. In harsher weather conditions, this can cause cracking and freezing on the roof.
Since an RV cover is designed to be waterproof and breathable at the same time, you can expect moisture to evaporate quickly without even allowing water droplets to enter.
- It prevents dirt buildup
Unless you prefer washing your recreational vehicle on a regular basis, investing in a good quality RV cover is the easiest way to protect your vehicle from dirt and dust buildup. These sediments can easily cause wear and tear to the various components of your vehicle over time. If left unchecked, they can lead to major issues which can be really hard to fix sometime soon.
With a cover, however, you don’t have to worry too much about dirt and dust as it can effectively prevent them from accumulating.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There might be some unexpected issues that could happen while using a cover. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions that most RV users come across:
How to choose the right size?
To pick the right size for your recreational vehicle, you need to get the accurate measurement of your RV first. You want to get the height, length, and width of your vehicle so you can compare the size to the cover you want to buy. If your RV is a bit bigger than the cover you want, choose a cover that’s one size up.
How to cover your RV?
To cover your RV, make sure it’s completely cleaned first. Remove any dust and dirt present as they can cause abrasions on your RV’s surface. Make sure to watch for any sharp edges as they can easily rip your cover. I’d recommend adding a layer of padding over the sharp corners before you proceed. Use a ladder to cover the roof if possible. Also, make sure you ask for help from your friend or family member.
When to cover your RV?
Ideally, you want to cover your RV when you’re out there camping and the weather condition is a bit harsh such as heavy rainfalls. Should you cover your RV in the winter? Absolutely yes as doing so will prevent snow from damaging your vehicle. It’s also ideal to cover it at night when parked or during hot weathers to protect its exteriors and interiors. You’d also want to cover your RV when it’s stored in the garage to prevent moisture from finding its way inside.
What are good RV cover brands?
There are a number of good cover brands out there, and the products I mentioned above are all from well-known brands. These include ADCO, Classic Accessories, Camco, and more.
What is the warranty?
The warranty for an RV cover varies from one manufacturer to another. Most of the products I mentioned have at least 2-years warranty, hence allowing you to get a replacement in the event yours get damaged a few months or year after buying.
If you own an RV, it only makes sense to invest in the best RV covers on the market. By doing so, you can keep your vehicle protected while preserving its appearance at the same time. Keep in mind, however, that in order to have a worthy investment, make sure you follow the buying guide I’ve outlined above.
Once you know what you should look for in a cover, buying the right product can become a lot easier. So what are you waiting for? Shop now!